A Student who has passed either Uttar Madhyama or Prak–Shastri or equivalent examination with Sanskrit may be admitted to Shastri , which is a three-year course. This corresponds to B.A.(Hons) in Sanskrit in modern education.
For Admission To Course
Prak Shastri or Uttar – Madhyama of the Sampoornanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya or an equivalent examination recognized by the Vishwavidyalaya or Senior Secondary (12th standard of 10+2 system) with Sanskrit from a recognised Education Board.
EQUIVALANCE OF THE VISHWAVIDYALAYA'S EXAMINATION
- Course Name Shastri
- Equivalent Examination B.A /B.A (Hons.)
- Affiliation Sampoornanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya
- Course Duration 3 Years
- (i) Vyakarnam (Ist Year) , Sahityam (IInd Year), Darshanam (IIIrd Year)
- (ii) English
- (iii) Hindi/Any Regional Language
- (iv) Pol.Sc/Darshanam/History/Economics/Sociology/Hindi Litt./ English Litt.
- (V+VI) Vyakarnam /Prachin Vyakarnam /Sahityam /Sarvadarshanam /Sidhanta-
Jyotisham /Phalit-Jyotisham /Navya-Nyaya/Mimansa /AdvaitVedanta/                                                  Dharamshastra /Vishishtadvaita /Vedanta /Samkhya-Yoga /Paurohityam /                                                Shukla-Yajurvedah /Ramanand Vedantah /Jainism / Puranetihasah /Bauddha                                                Darshanam .
- 1. Only one Shastra is to be opted out of 18 Shastras mentioned above which will have two papers V & VI.
- 2. The Subject opted in Ist year has to be continued in IInd & IIIrd Year also.